Monday, October 29, 2007

A promise to myself....

Today, I promised myself I would reduce my personal fabric stash to what could be contained in three plastic storage bins. I barely got the top on the last one, but when I sat on it, and heard that gentle click, I knew I was victorious.

Funny thing, when I took inventory, I could really see that I think of fabrics in commbinations. Many of the fabrics I love don't stand alone, but some magic combo (even if only in my imagination) makes it dance, vibrate, sing...

Here are some of my faves...



This is for my son's bedding... I've had it for years, but I haven't truly been inspired to use it until now.


A lively green slubby silk...






You would think I really have a thing for purple.. but oddly enough, I just love purple when it is a particularly regal looking fabric.



This ribbed knit will become the "turtle" of a turtleneck, worn with a lively blue croped jacket made of the wool beside it.



This motif is fun - needs to be a button-down shirt.




I don't know why this is, but denim has really changed over the years. The quality of these old denims (maybe 30 years or so?) is so much better. Don't worry, I am not the original owner. They were from the stash of a beloved client who passed away.



I'm not a plaid girl, but I love this one...



And these red waves on silk call out to be showcased against black denim. Love it!

I am usually dreaming of colors that are not poular in the current palette. I can usually accurately forecast what the upcoming colors will be, but maybe that is because I've always spent so much time in NYC's fashion district.

For the Spring, I think coral, turquoise, and colors of the sea will be popular here on the east coast. Let's see if that happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baltimore, MD - Association of Sewing and Design Professionals Conference

  Heading off to meet with colleagues, my fellow Board Members, and friends in Baltimore, MD for a few days of conference, meetings, and eve...