Friday, October 05, 2007

Color and Context




"She is not afraid of the snow for her household; for all her household are clothed in scarlet."

Proverbs 31:21


I do love the fact, that due to my new color scheme, I can take this verse literally!

I don't think any explanation is needed for why I love the above photo. If it makes you feel like I feel when looking at it, 'nuff said!


I love color. Lately, I have been noticing the glorious colors the Indian women in our neighborhood have been wearing. Against their dark skin, it is just magnificent. I look forward to finding a spot in our new place for my favorite painting...



My sister painted this when I was about six years old (she was 22), and I asked her if I could have it. She told me she would give it to me when I moved into my first apartment, and when I was 22 years old, she kept that promise. I adore it. The name of this painting is "Once in a Blue Moon", but I call it "I'm Every Woman", after the Chaka Khan song. It is mixed-media - tissue paper and fabric give it its unusual texture.

*Note: the face is her own self-portrait. Can you believe how beautiful she is? Even better, how wonderful to feel the way you must feel about yourself to create such a beautiful likeness...



On that note, the color scheme for our new place is coming together... I have picked out the accent colors (like spices, for my stew) and my anchor color is pomegranite red. I have a tendency to overthink things... but I love how it is all shaping up. More pix to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baltimore, MD - Association of Sewing and Design Professionals Conference

  Heading off to meet with colleagues, my fellow Board Members, and friends in Baltimore, MD for a few days of conference, meetings, and eve...