Saturday, October 24, 2009

Button dilemma

Just in case you couldn't get enough of my Miyake-drama...

This is what typically happens. I get down to the end of a personal project, and get stuck on some fiddly detail, that could literally occupy my thoughts all day long. Oddly enough, this doesn't happen with client projects, about which I find it infinitely easier to be decisive.



Well, not a real dilemma, to tell the truth. I love the boomerang buttons, but will the coat still look okay with only 3 buttons? Can I pull off having one larger button, if I place it correctly? Gotta think here...

You can see I eventually resolved all of this.

I thought about covered buttons, but they look to "cutesy" somehow.



If I cold dream here, I would get glass buttons with jade inside, or a pressed green flower or leaf inside. The buttons I need might be waiting to be found. Hey, this is New York City... forget the stash and go button shopping, right?


Subscribe in a reader Add to Technorati Favorites Add to del.ici.ous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baltimore, MD - Association of Sewing and Design Professionals Conference

  Heading off to meet with colleagues, my fellow Board Members, and friends in Baltimore, MD for a few days of conference, meetings, and eve...