Friday, April 20, 2007

Bought from Britex

So, I loved this fabric at Britex in San Francisco, and I wanted it to become...





I am thinking about buttons and buttonholes now. It hasn't been pressed yet...


This two-toned, welted pocket creation with rich, blue silk details. It is to wear casually, with jeans and such...



And here it is... inside out.


This was inspired by the Japanese "jimbaori", which have broad lapels to display rich lining fabric. I have named this my "No one said it would be easy" jacket, and it feels great to wear it.

1 comment:

  1. If I were you, I'd wear it right side out for half the night, then turn it wrong side out for the other half so everyone could see that gorgeous lining. You are way ahead of me....my fabric from Britex is still folded up in the closet!

    ReplyDelete

Baltimore, MD - Association of Sewing and Design Professionals Conference

  Heading off to meet with colleagues, my fellow Board Members, and friends in Baltimore, MD for a few days of conference, meetings, and eve...