Friday, January 11, 2008

The Birds and the Bees


Friend: Nadine is adorable, and she looks just like you!

Me: Thanks... Really? I think she's the spitting image of her Dad!

Nadine: Why would I look like Dad? I grew in YOUR belly!

Why doesn't every kid ask that question?

The circle of life continues...

My Grandmother died yesterday morning. She led a very long life... died peacefully in her sleep with absolutely no health problems. Never got to see the housedress, but that's okay. I guess that project was more about me than her, anyway. I don't have any particular feelings about it yet. Is that strange?

Well, we're processing it... going to PA to handle her affairs, and gather her personal effects.

Subscribe in a reader Add to Technorati Favorites Add to del.ici.ous

7 comments:

  1. Mimi, so sorry to hear of your loss.

    Your children are so cute! The glasses are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds like the perfect way to go. Of course you will miss her but that is the way we would like all our loved ones to go. Long life, good health and a peaceful passing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose there really is no good way to die is there?...but going in your sleep would be optimal. It just seems so peaceful. When I read your post I had an image of a beautiful woman in my mind laying in bed. I don't think it is strange that you when you posted that you did not have any particular feeling. When sorting her belongings I suspect you'll experience all kinds of interesting thoughts and feelings. You'll find a token to remind you of something that touches your heart. I'll say some prayers for your family.

    PS. those kiddos are too cute! adorable...adorable...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry for your loss, Mimi. But I am glad that your grandma passed away peacefully. So few are granted this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that, Mimi, but glad at the same time that she lived a long life and went peacefully.

    Hey, who are those cute kids?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww Mimi, I'm sorry. I was hoping she had the opportuniy to wear the robe :0(

    ReplyDelete

Baltimore, MD - Association of Sewing and Design Professionals Conference

  Heading off to meet with colleagues, my fellow Board Members, and friends in Baltimore, MD for a few days of conference, meetings, and eve...