Sunday, August 12, 2007

Exhibits and eye-candy

I may or may not have mentioned that I am a museum junkie...

I used to complain about the prices at my favorite museums here in New York, and then, in an "aha" moment, I slapped myself back into sanity, and realized that if I will pay $120 for a subscription to People Magazine without batting an eyelash(and, no, I'm not proud of it), how can I complain about the price of a museum entry? Better yet, I decided to buy a family membership at the Met... I spend at least that much there in a year -- what was I thinking?

Note: I have also since cancelled my People subscription.

Today, I invite you to look at some of he cool things I've seen on the web lately.

I love beautiful presentation and pictures, and have found some real gems on the web lately. I invite you to look at Mademoiselle Ombrelle, a Belgian site, all in French, but really, just look at the pictures in the hat and sculpture galleries. I love that "Alice in Wonderland-y" feeling...

I have also happened upon Hanneke's site for her wild creations. She even paints on clothing, and her style is very unique.

I love the idea behind this quilter's site.
Quilters often get a bad rap, since in their name, so many hideous things have been created, but this woman has a cool take on it.

And, a feel-good article that reinforces my view on the legacy of really special clothing. It is always more than just thread and fabric, isn't it?

I also want to see the William Ivey Long costume exhibit at the Cameron Art Museum when I got to NC again later this month. They have such strange hours - it will take some planning.

3 comments:

  1. There's some interesting things to look at! I love that hat with the huge rose.

    I've seen the Quiltsryche site before, and like you thought, "good for her."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:11 PM

    Thank you so much for this link! exuse me,but the website is not in english actually....
    Have a nice evening,
    regards,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Baltimore, MD - Association of Sewing and Design Professionals Conference

  Heading off to meet with colleagues, my fellow Board Members, and friends in Baltimore, MD for a few days of conference, meetings, and eve...