Saturday, October 17, 2009

Miyake - now I'll start boring you with the details...

Part of my new blogging philosophy is to include what is useful and FINISHED, so that I can actually inspire other people to sew and FINISH their projects, too. For those of you who know a bit about my life, you know that I juggle many things, so some projects take me a VERY LONG TIME to complete. However, I do always try to challenge myself, and create things that have a great deal of personal meaning for me.

To see the finished coat, and read why I'm telling the story backwars, click here.

So, now that I have spent the last 9 years or so(literally) thinking about the Issey Miyake coat pictured below, the perfect fabric practically jumped off the shelf at Rosen and Chadick to greet me! It was pricey, but happily, a tip from a client (Yes, I'm serious) was serendipitously enough to buy the yardage I needed!

This is the inspiration:





And these fabrics together tell just the story I want to tell:



So maybe this is a bit hard to visualize, since you're not living in my brain, but I'll walk you though it...

(written 8/26/09)

Subscribe in a reader Add to Technorati Favorites Add to del.ici.ous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baltimore, MD - Association of Sewing and Design Professionals Conference

  Heading off to meet with colleagues, my fellow Board Members, and friends in Baltimore, MD for a few days of conference, meetings, and eve...