Friday, February 22, 2008

I stand corrected!



This is my daughter's drawing. She calls it "News Reporter". Think she's aware that women are being made a bit sexier to report the news? She doesn't miss a thing, that kid!

So, this post is about things I need to clarify, correct, or comment on.

You know I'm not much of a knitter, nor do I get too excited over what I perceive to be common, everyday knitted items. But, just when I thought there was nothing new under the sun, I saw this...

Children's knitted "neckies" from Oeuf. Mind you, this news item was recently reported by the www.Designmom.com blog, so maybe it isn't new, but it sure is new to me. What a great idea... and affordable, to boot!

Ever realize after you've written a blog post that some aspect of it was wrong or misguided in some way? Well, I have been meaning to do this for a while, and here goes...

On fabric shopping in Queens (in New York City)...

This is to correct my claims to some of you after writing the New York Fabric stores post. If you don't shop with any particular requirements, expectations, or time limits, shopping in the outer boroughs of NYC can be fun. Once you are looking for specific colors, quality customer service, specific fabric types, a reasonable guarantee of certain fiber content, or any kind of consistency in their offerings (like, you might want some more tomorrow or next week), you should catch the next thing smokin' into Manhattan!

On Glovemaking...

As a follow-up to my first post on this topic, I can see absolutely no reason to make gloves from a fabric with no stretch. This is more of a challenge than anyone needs. I was going for handmade, not homemade, and I never got there. I wanted to challenge myself... well, consider me CHALLENGED. Enough... Into the UFO pile they go, and the next ones will stretch!

On the Golden Mean, mathematical formulas, and beauty...

This whole post should be rescinded. I now firmly believe that there are no mathematical formulas for beauty. The study of it is a waste of time, in my opinion.

And... what was I thinking?

Keeping this sofa cover kid-friendly for even one week was just about impossible. Two super-active kids? The answer is leather. That's it.

Subscribe in a reader Add to Technorati Favorites Add to del.ici.ous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baltimore, MD - Association of Sewing and Design Professionals Conference

  Heading off to meet with colleagues, my fellow Board Members, and friends in Baltimore, MD for a few days of conference, meetings, and eve...