Friday, November 16, 2007

On Bias...

I am always amazed at how long one can sew, and how the learning curve never ceases. Even now, I keep learning things that I am absolutely amazed never came up...

I have always been troubled by bias chiffon. To the point that I currently avoid it like the plague... Now, I know at least part of the reason why. While perusing my collection of Threads Magazines, I found issue #47 (June/July 1993). Oh, my collection is far from complete, but I have kept the ones containing valuable information.

So, the "Taming Bias" article by Joyce Gayle contains lots of information I already knew, but it also gave me a HUGE "ahaa!" moment.



Did you know that the two mirror-image pieces (opposite bias) will actually drape differently? No wonder!!!!

3 comments:

  1. What truth! Both sad and exciting at the same time. There always seem like there's something we don't know, but at the same time it is an opportunity to better ourselves and our customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:28 PM

    nope, didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete

Baltimore, MD - Association of Sewing and Design Professionals Conference

  Heading off to meet with colleagues, my fellow Board Members, and friends in Baltimore, MD for a few days of conference, meetings, and eve...