Friday, December 02, 2011

Scott Pilgrim shirt - Also known as the "Ridicu-shirt"

When I work, I have lots of idea collisions in my head.  These are the notes I took to make the shirt pictured above, and, in the video are the images that helped to inspire it...

These are my notes:


  • Inspired by the movie, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
  • Fabric synesthesia and "Born on a Blue Day" and graffiti  - I can hear it, smell it - sour apple and watermelon, It shouts danger
  • A million tiny decisions to make this shirt
  • I want "floating" elements, so you can't quite see how it attaches.  
  • No visible stitching
  • New York shirt - urban cowgirl, knowing nothing about nature
  • NY Elegant fabric jumped off shelf
  • If I had an album, this would be my cover
  • If I had a job to quit in anger, this is what I would wear to do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Baltimore, MD - Association of Sewing and Design Professionals Conference

  Heading off to meet with colleagues, my fellow Board Members, and friends in Baltimore, MD for a few days of conference, meetings, and eve...